The Johannesburg Property Owners and Managers Association (JPOMA) represents most Johannesburg Inner-City property investors and managing agents who are active in the rejuvenation of the Inner-City through building upgrades, conversions and effective urban and building management.
JPOMA was established in 2003 to represent credible landlords, managing agents and property owners active in the Inner-City.
As of 2015 JPOMA members represent a combined property portfolio of over R10 billion and provide over 40,000 affordable housing units accommodating about 200,000 tenants and 500,000m² of retail, commercial and light industrial space. Members provide direct and indirect employment for over 4000 people.
JPOMA addresses matters of common interest to its members, including industry lobbying, Council service delivery, energy efficiency, benchmarking, tenant rights, affordability, Inner-City rejuvenation and precinct upgrades. While JPOMA membership is voluntary, its members are expected to:
1. Adhere to the JPOMA Memorandum of Incorporation and Code of Conduct.
2. Use their best endeavours to ensure that their buildings adhere to the highest standard of:
- By-law compliance
3. Use their best endeavours to ensure that tenants and prospective tenants:
- Are treated with dignity and respect
- Receive value for money
- Are adequately and appropriately communicated with
- Are dealt with in terms of the law
If you would like to learn more about JPOMA and some of it’s achievements, please click the button below to visit our Milestones page. Get in touch with us on the contacts page, with any comments or questions.